All About Civility - Eliminating a Culture of Gossip, Rumors and Destructive Behavior: Whatever Happened to Respect?from Training Doyens
Whatever happened to respect and civil behavior?
What is the cost when we lose both? Uncivil behavior, left unaddressed, begins a downward spiral you and your employees can’t afford. Incivility, leads to gossip in the workplace, rumors, and then to bullying in the workplace, harassment and ultimately, what we see too much in the news every day now, sexual harassment.
Overworked, disengaged and undisciplined staff does more harm to your reputation and employee productivity than you can afford. A workplace culture of tolerating a bad attitude by one or more employees is not acceptable. The cause of the employee attitude is generated from how they are treated at work, a seeming lack of respect of them.
Is it you or is it the other person that is the real problem?
Respect comes from dealing with the situation when it becomes evident. This presentation is about dealing with gossip in the workplace, how to change the behavior, and how to make employees to be solution oriented. Respect reduces stress, and it drives up trust, engagement, creativity and productivity.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Don’t let anyone get comfortable with disrespecting you, your work skills, your ethnic background, your soft skills in leadership and communication, your department, or your work team. Uncivil and disrespectful behavior, toxic workplace culture, negative work environment and bullying in the workplace, when left unchecked, becomes the culture of being rude, indifferent and uncaring. This generates the gossip and rumors. Gossip is someone trying to level the playing field by taking away what someone else has, fairly or unfairly, or to get what they don't have, and think they should have.
They become rude. Rudeness is the weak person’s imitation of strength and a sledgehammer by others who know how to use it. Left unchecked, this can lead to bullying in the workplace, harassment and then sexual harassment, creating a toxic workplace culture, and when publicized, a bad reputation that requires expensive damage control.
If you want to produce and deliver a caring, supportive, engaging and empowering, stress free and productive environment, consistently, you need to learn how to:
• Understand what creates disrespectful behavior in the first place and what it escalates to
• Exercise the power of choice with the eight options you have
• Practice the world’s two most powerful skills for gaining control of the situation
• Learn how to calm down destructive behavior by using empathy and direct communication
• Adopt how to engage, empower and motivate in three profound but logical steps
• Review the three self-tests that will stop conflict cold if utilized right away
• Dealing with gossip in the workplace
A negative, destructive, disruptive culture starts when any bad behavior; verbal, written or viewed, does not get challenged and stopped. You cannot afford this action that leads to a bad reputation, negative news coverage, staff resignations, and loss of customers and prospects.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This webinar is perfect for anyone who has a disruptive company culture of harassment, gossip, bullying or toxic behaviour.
There will be a number of complimentary articles and ebooks provided at the conclusion of the webinar to prove additional leadership information, and behaviour assessments that create loyalty and retention and are the key to understanding where and when bad behaviour starts
Years of Experience: 29+ Years
Areas of Expertise: Time Management, Employee Training, Retention and Motivation, Generational Diversity, Client Retention, and Career Growth
Bruce Lee has been educating and inspiring audiences with practical and proven information they can immediately implement into the personal and professional lives and for improved business growth or efficiency. A varied business and leadership background provides him proven experience that clients can relate to. The solid business background from a good cross section of industry includes:
• Charter Bank branch management, with special projects assigned from time to time of mortgage lending departments and seasonal savings bond drives,
• Manager / Resident Representative for the VISA credit card Division of a legacy Bank, in charge of the entire Province of Alberta
• Senior marketing representative for a fully integrated Canadian oil and gas company, which included expanding the market share and building retail stations
• Grew an executive recruiting company from three employees to over 20, and set up a remote recruiting office in England
• Set up, owned and managed a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year retail convenience store and gas bar business
• As a hobby, organizes and chairs election campaign at every level of government
• Active on several community associations in a leadership / board member role
He has been providing education keynotes, workshops and webinars all across North America full time for the past 27 years. Bruce now follows his passion – working with individuals and organizations to get the results they need to grow their careers and enhance their business success. He shares practical, real life examples on the most current topics people need, and each presentation includes a variety of complimentary additional resources, articles and tools to support the content and measure skill levels.
The focus is on improving engagement and teambuilding with the added value of aligning corporate strategy to create high performance employees. The results are increased productivity for individuals, departments, and organizations; higher profitability; and increased customer and client satisfaction. Above all, the intent of every presentation is to ensure implementation of the ideas and strategies to move people ahead with a realizable return on their education event investment. Otherwise, why provide the training?
Clients include business, Government, education, non-profit associations and health care.
In 2016 Bruce published his first book: Why Trust Me? Making Trust Your Competitive Edge.
Use Promo Code SPRS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
This event has passed.
March 26, 2020 from 1:00 to 2:30 pmMarch 26, 2020 01:00 to March 26, 2020 02:30
Contact Training Doyens for more information
7209961616 or [email protected]